In Arizona, the penalties for a DUI conviction depend primarily on blood alcohol concentration or BAC. If your BAC is above .08%, you will be charged with a DUI. Blood alcohol concentration above .15%, will lead to Extreme DUI charges or worse. In some cases, it's possible to be charged with a DUI even with a BAC of below .08%.
If it's your first offense, don't expect the courts and prosecutors to "go easy" on you. Arizona is aggressively trying to cut down on drunk driving and mandatory sentencing guidelines mean you will receive at least some jail time and severe financial penalties. A Second Offense DUI substantially increases the mandatory minimum penalties and punishments required by Arizona law.
Hiring a Scottsdale DUI Lawyer is an Absolute Necessity.
Since the courts are strict, your only chance is to get charges dropped or reduced. That takes an experienced and aggressive DUI defense lawyer like William L. Morris.
William L. Morris has over 10 years of experience as an Arizona DUI lawyer. He'll explore every possibility to get your charges dropped and will protect your every right. He'll help guide you through the complicated procedures involved in a criminal court trial - after all, a first offense DUI is a criminal charge!
First Offense DUI Penalties
- Up to 6 Months.
- Minimum: 10 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend 9 days.
Total Fines & Costs:
- Approximately $1,800.00 plus jail costs.
- NOTE: Jail time can add thousands of dollars to your total costs.
- 90-day suspension.
- You may be eligible for a work/school permit after the first 30 days of the suspension.
- Mandatory substance abuse evaluation and treatment.
Ignition Interlock Device:
- MVD ordered installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for 12 months.