YOUR FREEDOM AND YOUR SUCCESS ARE OUR PRIORITY
Arrested for your first DUI in Arizona? It’s scary, but we’re here for you. Dial 480-372-8887 or connect online now for a free, 24/7 consultation. Let’s discuss your unique case, answer your questions, and ease your worries. Don’t delay—start your defense today.
What is a First DUI?
A first DUI is in most cases a Class 1 Misdemeanor criminal offense that is committed when a person is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while impaired to the slightest degree by either drugs (yes, even legally prescribed drugs), alcohol, vapors, or any combination(s) thereof. You can get a DUI even if your BAC is less than .08%. First-offense DUIs are serious offenses in Arizona and carry significant penalties, including fines, mandatory jail time, and the loss of driving privileges.
What are the Penalties for a First DUI in Arizona?
A.R.S. §§ 13-1381 and 13-1382 set forth the penalties for misdemeanor DUI charges in Arizona. The penalties for a first-offense Class 1 misdemeanor DUI vary depending on the BAC alleged. The maximum penalties include:
- A fine of up to $2,500
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Mandatory alcohol treatment
- 12 months of probation
- Installation of an ignition interlock device on any vehicle you drive
- The loss of your driving privileges
- Attend Traffic Survival School (a DUI is a “major” conviction on your driving record and results in 8-points being assessed to your driving record. Anyone that accumulates 8-points in a rolling 12-month period must attend Traffic Survival School)
What Can I Do If I Have Been Charged with a First DUI in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa, or anywhere in Arizona?
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor first DUI in Arizona, it is important to speak with experienced DUI defense lawyer William Morris as soon as possible. William Morris will assist you in assessing the facts of your case and developing a strong defense.
There are a number of defenses that can be used in a first DUI case, including but not limited to:
- The obtaining of your breath and/or blood sample was in violation of your constitutional rights.
- The testing of your blood and/or breath sample was not properly administered.
- The instrument used to test your blood and/or breath sample was not working properly.
- The police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to stop you in the first place.
- You were not in actual physical control of the vehicle.
- You had a medical condition that affected your BAC and/or your performance on any standardized field sobriety tests.
- The standardized field sobriety tests were not conducted properly.
If you are facing first-time DUI charges in Arizona, it is important to contact experienced DUI lawyer William Morris as soon as possible. The Law Office of William L. Morris, P.L.L.C. has a proven track record of success in DUI cases. We have helped hundreds of clients defend their cases and get the best possible outcome. We will work tirelessly to build a strong defense for you, and we will defend your case at every turn and every angle.
GET THE HELP YOU NEED – DAY OR NIGHT, AVAILABLE 24/7: (480) 372-8887
Need Help With a First-Time DUI in Arizona?
Facing your 1st DUI charge in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa, or anywhere in Arizona? We’re here to stand by your side. Our firm is your welcoming advocate, ready to guide you through this challenging time.
We understand that being charged with a first DUI can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. We are here to help you through this difficult time. We will answer all of your questions, and we will keep you informed of every step of the process.
We offer a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss your case. During your consultation, we will assess the facts of your case and discuss your options. We will also answer any questions you have about the charges against you and the legal process.
If you have been charged with a first DUI in Arizona, please contact attorney William Morris immediately. We will work tirelessly to defend you and protect your constitutional rights.
FIRST DUI OFFENSE ATTORNEY SERVING SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
During your free consultation, we’ll go over your case and offer some strategies that might be able to help you achieve a positive outcome. When you hire us to work for you, our flat-rate fees will give you peace of mind in knowing exactly what we’ll charge at every single phase of the criminal legal process. We also offer convenient and flexible payment plans to make it easier for you to get effective representation from a skilled and experienced Arizona DUI Lawyer. Call today to learn more!
WE’RE READY TO START DEFENDING YOU.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today.