A "Super Extreme" DUI is one where the blood alcohol concentration of the driver is over .20%. Because this amount of alcohol leads to an extreme impairment of a driver's ability, the Super Extreme DUI will lead to substantially higher mandatory minimum jail sentences.
First offense Super Extreme DUI penalties are different than second offense Super Extreme DUI penalties, as you'll see below. Third offense Super Extreme penalties are charged as an Aggravated DUI which is a Class 4 Felony carrying a presumptive term in prison of 2.5 years for even a person with no prior felonies and probation is not available!
Free Initial Consultation - Flat Rate - Convenient and Flexible Payment Options
I offer a FREE initial telephone consultation. We'll go over your case and offer some strategies. When you hire us to go to work for you, our "flat rate" will give you peace of mind in knowing exactly what we'll charge and that we aren't "running up the clock." We also have convenient payment plans available to make it easier for you to get effective representation from a real Scottsdale DUI lawyer.
First Offense "Super Extreme" DUI Penalties
- 45 days to 6 months.
- Minimum of 45 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend up to 31 days in jail.
Total Fines & Costs:
- Approximately $7,250.00 in fines and costs, plus jail costs.
- NOTE: Jail time can add thousands of dollars to your total costs.
- 90-day suspension.
- You may be eligible for a work/school permit after the first 30 days of the suspension.
- Mandatory substance abuse evaluation and treatment.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
- Use of an Ignition Interlock Device for not less than 18 months.
- Community Service.
- Attend one or more Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victim Panel sessions.